Many Mac users want to clean the temporary files and clear caches from their Mac OS. The temporary files and caches can consist of things such as web browser history and cache, messaging cache, partly completed downloads, apps specific caches, and temp files. While many apps can handle the cache management task, and the Mac operating system will handle few cache kind files also. The advanced users can intervene and clean the temporary files and cache from the Mac manually. This guide shares some useful tips to clean out and clear temporary files and caches from an active user on the Mac. Lets know How To Clear Cache On Mac?
- 1 How To Clear Cache On Mac?
How To Clear Cache On Mac?
Steps To Manually Clean Temporary Files And Caches From Mac
It is significant to back up the Mac by using a time machine before starting. Once the fresh backup is complete, you can start to clear and delete the temp files and cache from an active user.
- At first, you can stop out of the actively working Mac applications
- You can do to a Finder option in your Mac OS
- You can hold down your SHIFT key or ALT/OPTION key and pull down a “Go” option in your finder
- After that, you can select the “Library” option from the options of Go menu
- Once you go the Library folder, you can find as well as open a “Caches” folder
- You can select which temporary files and caches to clear. In this stage, you can optionally choose particular temporary files and app caches to clean or choose them all. After that, you can place these Cache things into a Trash.
- Finally, you can empty a trash in your Mac operating system as common to clear the temporary files and cache from your Mac
It is significant to know every caches folder include many nonsensical folder names and file names, with names such as “com.apple.Safari” and “com.apple.iTunes”. If you want to find a particular app cache, you need to look for the file or files which match the exact name. The temporary files and caches folder is not actually projected to be user-friendly or user-facing, so you need to anticipate it to be.
When you decide to clean the caches of a web browser, you can follow the best approach. It helps you to empty the cache in Safari on your Mac or empty cache in the Chrome browser on your Mac. These are the preferred techniques which are directly done form your web browser applications.
You Might Be Interested In: best GBA emulators & Oovoo app
Guide To Clean Our Temporary System Files And System Caches On Mac
This above technique covers the method of cleaning out and deleting the temporary files and caches from the account of active use. It is significant to know that the Mac system level apps and cache files can create cache files and temporary files. These are the unwanted things which may worsen your experience. If you want to avoid these hassles, you can follow the safe way. The best method to clean the Mac temporary system files and system caches are by just rebooking your Mac. The following procedure helps you to do the task much simpler.
You can go to Apple Menu and select “Restart”
The rebooting process triggers precise system maintenance processes in the Mac operating system. This kind of process safely and automatically deletes the temporary files as well as folders or other files in the Mac OS without much effort. It consists of Mac system caches such as virtual and swaps memory, sleeps images, finished software updates, temp folders, MacApp Store caches, etc.
Use MacClean To Clear Cache On Your Mac
It is a specially designed tool that helps to clean up as well as speed up the Mac products in a safe way. By using this cleaning utility, you can remove caches on the Mac. Here are simple procedures for clearing cache on the Mac as follow:
- You can download and successfully install MacClean tool on your Mac
- For clearing the system caches, you can go to system junk and scan before reviewing the details of junk. This tool lets you know about the system cache and its size. You can select any file and delete it
- For removing iOS photo cache or user cache, you can go the system junk and scan before reviewing the user junk details. In this method, you can find all cache files.
- For clearing the browser cache on your Mac, you can go to the junk and scan before reviewing the details of your browser app. It not only finds a caches item but also let you delete the browser caches.